Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Thankful for VIPKid

Five Reasons I'm Thankful to
Teach for VIPKid


1.  My smile muscles are stronger!   With limited language, my students depend on my body language, so I try to smile. . . A LOT.   I don't think I was necessarily sad before, but I've noticed I feel happy most of the time.  I think smiling is good for me. 

2.  I love online teaching.  It has so many benefits. For one, I get to spend my time TEACHING.  My students can't sneeze on me, cough on me, kick me or bite me.  In the rare case they misbehave, they have a parent nearby to take care of it. 

3.  I miss teaching my little ones and this helps fill that empty spot.  One of my children was diagnosed late with hearing loss. Teaching him to talk required many of the same skills as teaching English as a second langugage. It's neat for me to put that experience to good use. The curriculum is very good. Anyone with any type of teaching experience would catch on quickly. 

4. It doesn't interfere with the rest of my life. I go to bed a little earlier, but that's about all.  I don't usually have other activities that interfere with 5-7 a.m. ( or even 6-8 a.m. before the time change.)

5. They pay me.  Yep. It's true.  I shared my bank account info with a foreign entity and they faithfully pay me every month. (I didn't even have to send them $1,000 first.)  Seriously, ya'll. This is legit. VIPKid was named the #1 Work from Home job by Forbes.  I make about $20 an hour for teaching (give or take a little for bonuses and no shows.)

Want to join the fun?   We'd love to help you apply.*   Start here.
  
*You do need a bachelor's degree and some teaching experience. Teaching experience doesn't have to be in a classroom setting and the bachelor's degree doesn't have to be in education.



No comments:

Post a Comment